Can anyone tell a clueless person what this might be?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Quick question for anyone in the know - anyone any ideas why these holes would be drilled in the brickwork of a house?

Intentional/mistake? Likely to have been done at the time of build - or after?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions sent my way!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200414-182403_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200414-182403_Instagram.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 250
  • Screenshot_20200414-181959_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20200414-181959_Instagram.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 269
Sponsored Links
I’d say likely to have been done post build, probably had something installed, maybe satellite?

Possibly been a securing bolt for someone up a ladder who has been working on it?

Sponsored Links
FOR SALE SIGN or similar.

Andy

Genius - thank you. Feel like this is probably most likely/obvious. Has been doing my head in & don't know how I didn't think of that.

Had been wondering if it maybe could have been to do with some sort of damp proof injection? But doesn't seem likely.

Thanks again!

I recall one of our labourers, oh he was a lad, but for laughs he would often throw a handful of holes into the mortar mix just to wind up us, and watch us try and pick them out one by one. They were terrible when it came to point up. :rolleyes: But we were in trouble if we dropped one onto the scaffold board. :cautious:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back