Can hear water running in pipes---can I prevent it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im turning my old bathroom into an on-suite all existing pipe work runs the length of my bedroom ( 4.2 metres) then into the bathroom.When you use the hot or cold you can hear water running through the pipes which annoys me .

When i installed my new bathroom a few years ago, i ran everything thing in JG pipe & push fit and cant hear the running water

Most of the old copper pipe work has to be replaced/moved any way.So i can cut the old pipe work as it enters the bedroom
I would prefer to replace with copper but want to prevent hearing the water if possible or is my only option to use plastic??

thanks

Sponsored Links
When you can hear water it is usually because it is flowing to fast and causing turbulence on bends, OR, there is air in it, small bubbles usually.

you sure it's not the water in the waste pipes you can hear ?

Sponsored Links
When you can hear water it is usually because it is flowing to fast and causing turbulence on bends, OR, there is air in it, small bubbles usually.

Agreed. Try to bleed your pipes to see if you can let the air out before replacing your copper piping.

No good advertising here my friend. This is a UK based forum, but hey, nice try!! :mrgreen:

Cheap taps and restrictive valves and fitting cause noise that resonates along the pipework.

I changed my cheapo B&Q taps for high quality Grohe ones and all noise has gone!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back