Can I bond radiator underneath floor board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im just putting supp bonding into bathroom and ensuite in the bathroom i have a normal rad on the wall so bonding is no problem but in the ensuite i have a chrome towel radiator 3/4 up the wall with only minimal pipes coming out the wall can i bond this rad under the floorboards where the pipes runn down the partition wall as there is not enough room on the pipes and i dont want to clamp the chrome rad

cheers brett

Sponsored Links
Brett,
My interpretation of the regs is;
They( Clamps etc ) should not be under the floorboards as are considered 'un-accessible' for inspection,testing and maintenance. However they can be put 'within close proximity' such as roofspace, adjoining cupboard etc.
I hope this is of some help.

on the other hand if you solder the wire to the pipe its perfectly allowed to have it under the floor.

plugwash said:
on the other hand if you solder the wire to the pipe its perfectly allowed to have it under the floor.

I've heard of this but never seen it implemented - has anyone actually ever done it this way?

Sponsored Links
can't say i've tried it myself but i imagine you would have to drain the pipe for it to be feasible.

My method was a bit fiddly, but worked well. I stripped a section of insulation off the 4mm2 conductor, and without breaking it, wrapped it round the pipe, then sweated it on. Yes, you have to DD, or freeze the pipe.

I'm sure i've read on here about earth crimps, do a search you should find them, pretty sure they were designed for such a purpose

It's good to read old posts but there's not much point in replying.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back