Can I change manifold flow meter?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've worked in the building trade for the last 40 + years and know a little bit about plumbing not so much about under floor heating.
I've discovered why the pressure in my own boiler keeps dropping, there is a leak from a manifold flow meter, I'm not sure if I've the confidence to replace it. Would I just close the red and blue valves? replace it with a new one? would it just need re pressurising?

I got a local heating engineer to come out and have a look, I wasn't in, he asked my wife if I could find out what make the pipes/system was:(:(, it says speedfit on the pipes:LOL::LOL: I sent him the details etc. I'm not confident I'll hear from him.

Thanks for any help 20200223_120836.jpg 20200308_124035.jpg

Sponsored Links
easily replaced, if you can find a plug that is the same size and thread just close the isolating valves take the pressure off and swap for the flow meter that is not being used and blank off the hole on the one not used, open the valves check the pressure is OK and good to go, you would probably get away with anew 0 ring or some ptfe tape on the meter that is leaking, this is what it looks like when you take it out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Speedfit...481612&hash=item2854460037:g:H~YAAOSwElpappDH

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
easily replaced, if you can find a plug that is the same size and thread just close the isolating valves take the pressure off and swap for the flow meter that is not being used and blank off the hole on the one not used, open the valves check the pressure is OK and good to go, you would probably get away with anew 0 ring or some ptfe tape on the meter that is leaking, this is what it looks like when you take it out.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Speedfit...481612&hash=item2854460037:g:H~YAAOSwElpappDH

Thanks, I've had another look, there is 7 zones, but 10 flow meters, does that mean there is 3 spare? looking at this new image if I turn the valves off on the left can I release the pressure from the valves on the right ? would it be enough to put a tub under this valve to catch the water/pressure or would it need a hose to take it outside?

Attachments

• 20200308_171450.jpg
    20200308_171450.jpg
    490.3 KB · Views: 208
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks, I've had another look, there is 7 zones, but 10 flow meters, does that mean there is 3 spare? looking at this new image if I turn the valves off on the left can I release the pressure from the valves on the right ? would it be enough to put a tub under this valve to catch the water/pressure or would it need a hose to take it outside?
I have marked your pic for you, close the two valves I have marked in Blue, and put a bucket or a hose under the valve marked red and then open that valve and it will release the pressure, wont be an awful lot that will come out

Attachments

• 20200308_171450.jpg
    20200308_171450.jpg
    589.1 KB · Views: 219
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back