Can I change the DHW sensor myself on my boiler - or is it connected to the Gas?

Sponsored Links
ok... - but it is happening on all of the taps in the house - or will putting them on the bath supplies solve the rest of it as well? (thanks for your help btw - (y))

Sponsored Links
no - the shower was just moved - the bath and sink in the bathroom are new taps... they are the "waterfall" type.

It may be the shower then if moved and not plumbed back in properly.

but the shower was literally just moved from one wall to another - nothing was unplumbed for it.

ha ha! no! - it was a plumber that came around and told me that firstly it was the heat exchanger that needed cleaning off - so he did that - I paid him, it didn't work - he came back and then said it was something else (which I cant remember exactly - but it cost me £80) then didn't work and finally he told me it was the DHW sensor all along and wanted £160 to change that - so I bought one and did it myself - but that hasn't worked either - it is annoying tbh - because it started happening when we had a new bath plumbed in upstairs.
Ha ha that sounds just like the plumber's round here....Shyte!!:(

but the shower was literally just moved from one wall to another - nothing was unplumbed for it.
Eh!!!
So how did the water get from the old position to the new position. Magic, pixie dust, the Force.
The plumber will have disconnected and ran pipes to new position, he may have crossed these.

Eh!!!
So how did the water get from the old position to the new position. Magic, pixie dust, the Force.
The plumber will have disconnected and ran pipes to new position, he may have crossed these.

Pixie dust I think. Ok - point taken. So it would seem that I, yet again, have to come along behind a "professional" tradesman and sort out poor (and expensive) "workmanship"

It may or may not be this. We are just trying to point you in this direction.
Fault only occurs after plumbing work done.
Could be a cold supply teed into a hot cooling down the water as you use it.
Could be the shower mixer valve passing back through as its piped hot to cold by mistake.

It may or may not be this. We are just trying to point you in this direction.
Fault only occurs after plumbing work done.
Could be a cold supply teed into a hot cooling down the water as you use it.
Could be the shower mixer valve passing back through as its piped hot to cold by mistake.
I know - and I really appreciate the help - I am just so fed up with people coming around to my house and not fixing it and then charging me for "work carried out". sorry. and thanks again.

Sounds you have not done the simple test for crossed pipes!

Turn off the cold water into the boiler at the isolator underneath and the see if anything comes out of a basin hot tap. If not then repeat that as you move shower mixer controls from colder to hotter but with the shower turned OFF,

There should be no water from hot tap with boiler isolator off !

I thought you would have been asked to do that at first. Even D Hailsham would have asked you. He must be on hols!

Tony

Sounds you have not done the simple test for crossed pipes!

I thought you would have been asked to do that at first.

Tony

And yet you didn't mention it before now:rolleyes:

OP: Are the new taps mono blocks? Is there excessive condensation on the taps? I have seen hairline cracks in monoblocks, allowing cold to pass to hot.

Having quickly thought, the condensation clue may not be there if a combi.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back