Can I fit a plug to a heated towel rail?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

My knowledge of electrics is pretty basic so please bear with me.

I have a sink in my bedroom and would like to fit an electric heated towel rail as im having a problem with damp on the wall due to my towels not drying properly.

Rather than wiring this in to the wall I'm wondering if I could just add a plug to it and plug it in to a nearby socket.

I've looked everywhere for info on this but seeing as most people use these in bathrooms, a plug is off limits.

Thanks in advance.

Emma

Sponsored Links
The first thing to check, would be the manufacturers instructions of either the towel radiator or the heating element. But electrically providing you rate the fuse in the plug appropriately, there should be no reason why not, providing you don't have a shower/bath in the bedroom.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies!

I have a plug socket fairly near where I want the towel rail to go so I think I'll try and fit a plug on it then. I'd rather do that than mess about fitting a spur.

Emma

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back