Can I fit a pump to increase flow of hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a flat with a hot water storage tank the head is only 2 feet above the outlet to the sink in the kitchen and the flow is very slow. I have checked for kinks in the pipework etc. and valves are fully open. Is there a pump I can fit to increase flow.
I am new to this forum please help!

Sponsored Links
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You can connect a pump to the outlet if it's done according to the instructions.

What size is the storage tank.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the info. Is there any special restrictions on fitting the pump i.e. prevent over running the supply.
The tank I think is 40 gallons

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Look at Salamander whole house pumps, but it would need to be small, 2bar or less.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone 'updated' the taps, and fitted ones designed a for high-pressure system by mistake?

Many modern taps are designed for minimum pressures above 1 Bar, but you have less than 0.1 Bar available. Low pressure taps with decent sized waterways should be able to achieve a reasonable flow even at very low pressures.

Connect a high pressure tap with flexible connectors to a low pressure system, and you would be lucky to get more than a dribble of water through it.

Changing a tap would be easier than fitting a pump

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Problem you have then TicklyT is the cold is mains pressure, so you would need to fit a check valve on the hot, which puts you back to square one.

Sponsored Links