Can I fit a pump to increase flow of hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a flat with a hot water storage tank the head is only 2 feet above the outlet to the sink in the kitchen and the flow is very slow. I have checked for kinks in the pipework etc. and valves are fully open. Is there a pump I can fit to increase flow.
I am new to this forum please help!

Sponsored Links
You can connect a pump to the outlet if it's done according to the instructions.

What size is the storage tank.

Thanks for the info. Is there any special restrictions on fitting the pump i.e. prevent over running the supply.
The tank I think is 40 gallons

Look at Salamander whole house pumps, but it would need to be small, 2bar or less.

Sponsored Links
Has anyone 'updated' the taps, and fitted ones designed a for high-pressure system by mistake?

Many modern taps are designed for minimum pressures above 1 Bar, but you have less than 0.1 Bar available. Low pressure taps with decent sized waterways should be able to achieve a reasonable flow even at very low pressures.

Connect a high pressure tap with flexible connectors to a low pressure system, and you would be lucky to get more than a dribble of water through it.

Changing a tap would be easier than fitting a pump

Problem you have then TicklyT is the cold is mains pressure, so you would need to fit a check valve on the hot, which puts you back to square one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back