can i have a combi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am looking at buying my first flat, had a look around one today which had electric heaters in all the rooms. it had an elecric shower but dont know where the hot water in the kitchen comes from, there is no boiler,
there is however a gas fire in the living room supplied by a 15mm pipe,

my question is really whether its going to be possible to fit a combi boiler in the flat, dont think i could cope with electric heating for too long

Many thanks for any replies
appreciated.

Sponsored Links
thanks

cant see why they havnt done it already,

estate agent seemed to think it couldnt be done but dont think he new much he looked about 12

Sponsored Links
Hi,
You must have some form of heat source for heating up your hot water in your kitchen. Is this the same in the bathroom?
Did the "12 year old" estate agent give any reason why he thought having a combi boiler couldn't be done?
You will also have to check flue requirements for the boiler. You didn't say what type of flat this is, you may have a problem if adequate ventilation and expulsion of fumes cannot be achieved but there may well be a way around this.
Did you happen to notice a cylinder anywhere hidden in the flat. This may well be the source of your hot water heated by immersions.
All i can say is that if you do buy this flat until you get a boiler fitted your electric bill will be pretty hefty in the winter time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back