Can I mount my Bosch router with these mystery holes?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Bosch POF 1200 AE router which I'd like to mount to a simple home-made router table, with a simple pivoting fence. The manual doesn't say anything about mounting the router to a router table and does not include any fixings for doing so. There are three holes in the base plate (and the plastic plate which mounts onto the base plate) as I've attempted to photograph. Can I mount the router via these holes?

One of the holes on the other side is obstructed by a plastic cover which can be removed.

Here is my design for a table:

What pieces do I need to make the fulcrum (red) for the pivoting fence?

Edit: I forgot to indicate that this table is intended to be used in a 'workmate'. Also, I don't think that the removable plate, common in router table designs, is necessary, given the anticipated infrequency of use.

Sponsored Links
i would remove the baseplate get 10 countersunk screws to fit [few spares
use the plastic base as a template to mark where to drill countersunk holes and the centre hole

dont forget you need router with a click on button or mechanism to hold the power onn and a push to stop button

Hi. My router has a button to remain permanently on, so I'll be sure to use it.

With regard to the screws though, the holes in the base plate aren't threaded. Does that matter?

i believe he means a remote start / stop button assembly..
you don't want to be messing under the table to turn the router on and certainly not to turn it off in the case of an emergency..

Sponsored Links
Hi. My router has a button to remain permanently on, so I'll be sure to use it.

With regard to the screws though, the holes in the base plate aren't threaded. Does that matter?

as coljack says you need a handy switch for safetys sake
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminster-Power-Tool-NVR-Switch-35573.htm

you remove the 5 screws remove the base plate find screws that are counteresunk and the correct length to screw through the wood into the base plate
mark the wood with the baseplate [as above post ]
hang the plastic on a spare hook
secure base onto the wood via new countersunc screws and the 5 new holes

good man[person] safety first

is the on off switch on the router push operated or slide on-off!!

dont forget that larger cutters for use in tables are only avalable for 1/2" router
so if you plan on making your own kitchen doors with the router for example your options are limited :D

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
:D How can you tell? (and why would a car need an emergency stop switch?). If needs be, I'll roll the dice again and buy another :)

I have a Bosch POF 1200 AE router which I'd like to mount to a simple home-made router table, with a simple pivoting fence. The manual doesn't say anything about mounting the router to a router table and does not include any fixings for doing so. There are three holes in the base plate (and the plastic plate which mounts onto the base plate) as I've attempted to photograph. Can I mount the router via these holes?

Hi, did you ever complete your router table? I thought Id make one for my router (the same model) over christmas, but I dont have it to hand to get the dimensions to make my plate - I dont suppose you could help??

dom

use the rods from the router fence
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b270/bigall2005/?action=view&current=workshop009.jpg

12mm mdf/ply cut grooves use sandpaper to level the base as it has to be flush to the top surface

i use a workmate to clamp on the blocks
http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b...gall2005/?action=view&current=workshop008.jpg

use a fence made from 2x2" make a void 5mm bigger than your biggest cutter [if you use the cutter little nips off a few mm]

do not use without an emergency button and a full cover protecting the blade

Yeah, I did finish it but I modified the design somewhat. Still, designing it and then implementing the design are two different things! It sure is ugly as sin! I might post a picture here at some point.

Here are the dimensions I have in my design but I can't guarantee their accuracy. I'd recommend getting the plastic plate and using it to create a paper template. Then affix the paper template to your steel plate and use that to drill your holes. If you try to use the plastic plate directly as a template, you risk damaging it, plus a paper template is less likely to move around if you tape it down securely.

If you want, I can post the modified Sketchup file, if you don't already have your own design.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back