Router advice wanted

Its not all 100% guaranteed perfect with a router after all the messing about, and things are just as likely to go wrong.

I think we'll agree to disagree. For a regular router user this is a walk in the park. Bit of 12mm MDF to make a corner template and round you go. Nothing really likely to go wrong - why should it? No different to cutting w/t joints and radii.

Sponsored Links
How can it look pants?

Its 35mm thick.
To rasp and sand that after sawing does take some skill. And a lot of time to complete 4 corners with a 4.5 cm radius.
You can always say its hand crafted.
If the edges are already machined to a fine finish, hand crafted corners may look out of place.

Have a set of these twin fluted replaceable blade cutters...
55278ca98e6a97a6b446ec0eb04b.jpg

All you need is one template. And the results are quality.
Because the blade makes the cut at about 45 degrees compared to a standard carbide tipped profiler set at 90 degrees.

Sponsored Links
Not much use to the OP, I'm afraid, his router is 8mm max shank. I have a couple of similar ones from Wealden Tool on 1/2in shanks and for template work they are pretty handy

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back