Can I replace these taps handles?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, have searched for a replacement shower mixer for the below, but it seems it is a strange size, the centres are 160mm, therefore will just be happy if I can revive them! I don't know what brand they are but they might be armitage/bristan but there is no logo to give anything away.

Does anyone know if I can just replace the handles, and/or bodies while keeping the mixer?

I was thinking of these Bristan ones...

P1060085.jpg

Thanks, Ex

Sponsored Links
I think if you have a look at B&Q or Wickes tap revivers you have a good chance of success. It could be a good idea to take one of the tap inserts with you if you can.
John :)

They were lovely (possibly) at one time. Anyway, any other opinions/advice before I attempt to take apart my first ever tap?

Sponsored Links
I'd say that at some time in the past, the actual tops of the taps have been changed. The plastic tops don't look as though they are quite in keeping with the body of the mixer. ;) ;)

Allo John - gotta new tap head :?: Agree with Joiner John and Burnerman John they are already replacement ones ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back