Can I tile directly onto Thistle Bonding Plaster

You don't tile onto bonding - finish plaster or one coat plaster, yes, but not bonding or browning.
It’s not recommended which is why I asked VERY early on in this thread why the OP used Bonding. It will suck like hell & is quiet soft but if you look at the pics, it’s such a small area it’s hardly worth bothering about.

I’m not getting into an advice auction on it; do what you like, I’m gone. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Richard thanks for your contributions mate.

I went for multi finish in the end as I'm good with it and I had an in date bag in my shed so I chucked it on to make the surface the best possibly preparation for the tiles.

Anyone got any suggestions on my previous bits....

I've just finished applying the multifinish!

I'm desperate to get this job done as we've not got a shower at the moment while this ones out of action and with a family living here it's not easy!

So is there anything I can mix up from topps tiles or the likes that's an adhesive that'll let me grout within the same day and then get the shower up and running quicker?

I really don't think that we can last a week and half while I let the multi finish dry for 2 days, apply the star white for 2 days drying time and them wait 1 week for the grout to dry.

Thanks

its not unusual for people to have conflicting views on someting, i personally have used thistle bonding lots of times over the years for patching and nothing has ever come down, but if others have had different things happen id love to know

The thing is Jef, say you do a job for someone and it fails after 6 months, those people are not guaranteed to call back the person that did the work. If they don't think the guy's any good that did the work initially, why would they get the same person back to put it right? It annoys me when a tiler/tradesman says that they've never had any problems - could just mean that the customer has so little faith that they don't want anything to do with the tradesman any more.

Sponsored Links
i see what your saying dude, but i get enough referalls to make me think im doing something right, also i have used it in my house, no probs. its tip top, im not talking about plastering the wall with it, im talking about patches.

If you're only talking about patches, why not just use one coat plaster and have done? Bonding is not for tiling onto.

Job done! Here's some pics of my masterpiece.

and

I've got a problem with the screen leaking now!!! There's always something that need sorting! I'm putting up a post about it on the forum to see if anyone know's what I can do or had a similar problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back