Can I use a dimable COB LED strip without a dimmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I build 2.5m long flaoting shelves and would lile to have some led uplights installed but i dont need a dimmer. Can I use a dimable COB LED strip without a dimmer? If so, can anyone recommend a good one?

Sponsored Links
COB G9-big.jpgand strip 1711620652830.png don't seem to go together. As to good versions of either, depends on how you going to use it. Under my kitchen cabinets I used Lidi as it was well protected, but in my display cabinet Lidi in centre, but TCP either side as wanted to get around corners and needed extra length 5 meters v 3 meters. I run all my strip lights in the main dimmed, at 20 watt approx only turn to full output when using to light the room as well. What is your aim? I select different modes 20230227_170703_1.jpg20230227_170900_1.jpg the problem is depending on angle viewed you can see the individually LED's with both mine, as a colour it is not really a problem, but adjusting colour temperature the two LED's are some distance away from each other, and the light does not merge together. At full output the lights shown use around 60 watt, for most of the time that would be OTT.

This is the COB LED strip light I am referring to. I am planning to use it as an up-light in a recessed aluminium channel + diffuser in my floating shelf. I would like to turn it off and on and prefer not to bother with a dimmer or remote. I have 220v supply next to each shelf so plan to use a driver per shelf. Can I operate the LED via a light switch without a dimmer even though this LED strip is dimmable?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back