Can I use a thicker flex than recommended

if you can't conceal the new wiring you could run a 1.0/1.5/2.5 twin and earth cable from the original outlet in plastic mini trunking to another flex outlet or unswitched fused spur unit next to the towel rail. here you would presumably use a surface mounted patress box. wire the towel rail flex to the new outlet.

t+e is recommended for fixed wiring. don't forget to use earth sleeving on the bare earth wire. perhaps some of this wiring can be hidden in the loft space if there is one.

is it an option to run the cable under the floor, and buried in the plaster?

Sorry im getting a little confused now.
Wouldnt a pattress box be the same as the connector (see pic above). Maybe i havent undertood what you meant as im still learning

PS - Thanks for mentioning the trunking, i shall use that

Sponsored Links
the new flex outlet/or unswitched fused spur unit faceplate would be screwed to the patress box.

that junction box you have pictured is totally different and generally looks unprofessional.

the new flex outlet/or unswitched fused spur unit faceplate would be screwed to the patress box.

that junction box you have pictured is totally different and generally looks unprofessional.

Ah I see. Thanks for the advice and the explanation, its always good to know why a particlar choice is preferred.
Does the pattress and outlets it have to be waterproof or is the standard ok

Sponsored Links
how near is the towel rail to the bath, or even the basin or toilet?
if it is likely to get very wet then possibly a weatherproof accessory maybe required.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back