Can I

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had most of my electrical tools and a tool box with various bits in stolen from site last night, about £1,000.00

No insurance and have just replaced them on Screwfix. Can I claim tax relief on them as an expense?

:cry: John

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hear of your loss.

All replacement tools can be claimed via a tax expense.

Andy

Thanks for sympathy. Had a call from the police not 20 minutes ago, and they have arrested the kid (15) who broke in. Everything found in his house.

Turns out a neighbour heard the commotion, saw said kid and recognised him. Did not initially want to get involved but seems her conscience got the better of her.

Been on to Screwfix and I can go in store Saturday, cancel order and get immediate refund.

Happy days are here again. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Glad it has all turned out well.

Anything that is to do with your work or running your business is tax de- ductable.

Boots, steel toe cap trainers, work trousers (but not jeans) tools or any tool that you would need!

Andy

Sponsored Links
If you know the location of the neighbour who reported it, I'd send some flowers or something to show your appreciation - saved you a fortune!

happy days m8ty.
just aswell you had the spends to be able to replace them very quickly(now not needed)
i knew of a guy who had his kit taken and the guy was basically destitute,needed the tools to earn but had none to earn.his m8s rallied round the best they could to reset him up so he could at least start earning a bit of a crust again.

hopefully the chav who nicked yours gets more then a slap on the wrist.

We need another section in the forum for Tool Mourning a place that any tradesmen can express conventional manifestation of sorrow and loss for a tool, where it can be formally expressed by grief and anger and welcomed by rational like minded people, maybe even have black avatars as an outward sign to others to show some respect

But until then, 15y/o doing a van in and taking, gippo c***s
:mrgreen:

happy days m8ty.
just aswell you had the spends to be able to replace them very quickly(now not needed)
I rip on Screwfix/Plumfix all the time over pricing issues etc, one thing they do well is trade accounts, last year a friend of a friend got his van done, SF tripled his limit and stopped interest on the account for about 2 months or so.

It was a gesture of course and might not have been needed, i don't know, but more than a bank would do these days.

Great to hear you have recovered your tools. Next time you may not be so lucky.

What is the annual premium? (It's an allowable expense for Tax purposes.)

Sponsored Links
Back