Can motion detection on CCTV trigger alarm?

You could add to the basic locking security measures of the hut. I added armoured glass to the window, which I just happened to have going spare, added 5mm steel wire behind the window so even if the get through the widow, they would need some good wire cutters to get any further. The door just had cheap hinge and a cheap lock on it so I drilled steel pegs into the hinge side, which mate with sockets in the door, then added secret pegs through the edge of the door frame. these just look like part of the hut, but the door cannot be opened without knowing about them and pulling them out.

I then added alarm contacts on the door, which sounds an alarm in the house, if anyone attempts to open the door. I did this lot in a rush, when several local huts had been reported as broken into.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back