Spider Repellent for CCTV Cameras.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen this product that is designed to keep spiders of of CCTV camera, and just wondering if anyone has used it before and is it any good?

Just need a way of keeping spiders of my CCTV cam's outside as the cobwebs blowing in the wind keeps triggering the motion detection at night.

Already tried adjusting the sensitivity, Any idea's?

Sponsored Links
Motion detection is a real pain.

I have spent god knows ho long trying to get it right with my Hikvision camera. You think you have cracked it then the weather changes i.e mist/rain or wind and triggers the thing nonstop. I get sent a gmail every time motion is detected and one night i got 253 emails because of mist resulting in my account being temporarily blocked. The previous night there were no activation!

Use a proper detector not motion detect !

To late for that now. Their POE IP cams and incorporating a external trigger via their external IO connector would not be easy. The cams only have the power via the CAT5e cable feeding them.

The cams by the way are 3 x Foscam FI9805E

Sponsored Links
I use "No More Spiders" by 151. However, I am not convinced that the new peppermint formula is as good as the old chestnut and clove version. I use this first and the Autoglym Fast Glass on the lens. If it's a box camera in an enclosure with a glass front, a quick application of Rainex finishes the job.

I tried Spiderex and it does work at the beginning but not work afterwards.
One more thing to bear in mind that don't just spray the camera, you have to spray the whole area around it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back