Can of worms

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Jib cards again. spoke to them again today told them I've got Nvq 2 & 3 in plumbing 6019 an she said oh you can have our top band card which is gold. but gas service engineers only can have a blue & white one.

I think that puts to bed all that crap about gas service engineers being more qualified than a plumber. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Jib cards again. spoke to them again today told them I've got Nvq 2 & 3 in plumbing 6019 an she said oh you can have our top band card which is gold. but gas service engineers only can have a blue & white one.

I think that puts to bed all that crap about gas service engineers being more qualified than a plumber. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes but any Gas Enginner can work on Plumbing not any Plumber can work on Gas.

No matter what your NVQ is in you have to remember that NVQ does stand for NOT VERY QUALIFIED :LOL:

Sponsored Links
so you can go on site with your blue an white gas service card, but carn't work on gas. then say to site manager ay mate dont kick me off site i'm qualified to work on lead, above & below ground drainage etc etc.. I think not :D

he would show you the door pal

Yes but any Gas Enginner can work on Plumbing not any Plumber can work on Gas.

Gas Enginner?
Gas Beginner?

You mean Gas Fitters; Gas Technicians if you like.
They'ree not Engineers, despite what BG like to tell the gullible public.

whoooah who has got your goat?

Most of us including me do not call ourselves engineers however when a employer is looking for one of us lot thats what THEY put not fitter, Technichian or any other term you want.

However i have never seen a job advertised for a water engineer, or waste pipe fitting engineer etc etc.

Like i said previously and my point still stands ANY GAS TECHNICIAN can work on water (or any Joe Public for that matter) however any water technician cannot work on gas, its the law im afraid!!

I aint putting no one down and as a matter of fact i stay as far away from wet works as i can because not only do i hate doing it im ****e at it.
But my point is the truth JIB CARD OR not

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back