Can someone confirm which end of my filling loop is which??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I want to inject some Fernox F4 Express into my heating system as I seem to have a small leak somewhere - pressure keeps going relentlessly down over time after topping up. I have no experience of plumbing, so I just wanted to check something that's probably obvious if you know - that is which end of the filling loop to disconnect and attach to the can?

Presumably the cold main is the 15mm pipe end and the the end that steps up to 22mm is where it's joining the heating system?

So I disconnect the 15mm end and connect that to the can right?

Thanks for any advice...

[/img]

Sponsored Links
Find the leak and repair it , leak sealer doesnt work you are wasting your time and money and possibly invalidating the warranty on your boiler if it has any left

Sponsored Links
Repairing leak is best, if you must use leak sealer then yes you are correct about putting the can that side of loop, close cold water side first and open ch side before spraying the can

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back