Can these pipes be moved back?

Sponsored Links
No idea where that grey pipe goes tbh

You should probably try to find out. It ought to be connected to your drains, and maybe it is. If it just disappears behind the units or into the wall cavity, that needs fixing.

I'm also curious about where the pressure relief valve vents to. I'm not familiar with this boiler; is it the white plastic thing I can see in some of your photos, towards the right of the bottom of the boiler? Does it go through the wall?

The white plastic thing doesn't go anywhere- it's a key which allows you to control the pressure from what I gather. Is that what you are talking about? Sorry if not, couldn't really see what else you meant

Apologies if it's been asked before, but is the installer an established business, or is he new to the trade?

He says he has been in the trade since 16. He is now 28. His dad was also a plumber/heating engineer. Their main contracts are with councils for social housing and I suspect the tenants may think his standard of work is more acceptable if they are getting it for free. However my friend was saying councils are tightening up on shoddy workmanship and there have been cases where such engineers have been disciplined for shoddy workmanship. He told me he is branching out and that's why they are doing more private work.

I saw pictures of my friends boiler installation that his mate did. It looks so professional that he said he didn't even have it boxed in. It looks amazing compared to mine.

Any thoughts on roughly what the cost would be to make this look professional? Are we talking over the £500 mark?

Sponsored Links
I'm also curious about where the pressure relief valve vents to. I'm not familiar with this boiler; is it the white plastic thing I can see in some of your photos, towards the right of the bottom of the boiler? Does it go through the wall?

On your outside wall, we've seen photos of the flue and of where the gas pipe goes through the wall, a few feet below. Between the two, level with the bottom of the boiler, is there another pipe that vents through the wall?

image.jpg

That grey flexible pipe that you can see- that goes into the wall. Doesn't seem to come out anywhere though... Just goes into the cavity of the wall

And now I look at it the clown has only used 1 screw on each side of the electrical boxes...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 161
Sorry to make this my first post, I usually just read, however this install needs a response, which is Wow just Wow!! Where is the pressure relief?

Am actually bit freaked out- the pressure has dropped to 0 in the boiler. So I turned the lever on boiler to get pressure back up. Is this normal?

Am going to go get a carbon monoxide alarm as well. Missus is pregnant so can't be taking any risks.

Maybe someone who is actually familiar with this model of boiler can comment, but....

I think that the pressure relief outlet is just to the left of the right-most copper pipe coming out of the bottom of the boiler. In the photo I can see something metal that points backwards towards the tiles. Does that actually go through a hole in the tiles and appear outside? Or is it just left pointing at the tiles?

Maybe someone who is actually familiar with this model of boiler can comment, but....

I think that the pressure relief outlet is just to the left of the right-most copper pipe coming out of the bottom of the boiler. In the photo I can see something metal that points backwards towards the tiles. Does that actually go through a hole in the tiles and appear outside? Or is it just left pointing at the tiles?

It is pointing at the tiles...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back