easy to move a toilet?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
once my kitchen is done, the bathroom is next on my list..

the problem i have with it ( besides an uneven concrete floor causing a sloped toilet... very weird to sit on.. ), is that the toilet it too close to the side wall for me..

I'm a big lad and like a bit of room so i can stretch my legs... so to speak..

the pipe looks like onf of those big ceramic things but i would like to either move the toilet about 8 inches further to the left or fit a corner unit..
I've looked at those offset coupler things but they only give about 2 inches..
what i need to do is re-pipe the toilet pipe from the outside and patch the hole...

is it easy to do with the ceramic type pipes, or am i best off taking it back to the ground and doing it all in plastic?

Sponsored Links
i'm all for converting to plastic, as it is a lot easier to work with.

you can buy fittings that will effortlessly couple onto clay salt glaze, clay supersleeve, cast iron, asbestos cement, pitch fibre etc.

it's up to you how far down the line you wish to make the conversion, though i would suggest just below ground where the stack meets the clay. this is usually a 90 deg bend.

at home i dug up all my drains and converted to plastic, inspection chambers the lot. this was an essential pre-curser for a later extension project.

since i live on the first floor then expansion is not an option for me..

unless i can talk her downstairs into extending as well and spliting the cost of the extra deep foundations to take a 2 storey extension...
my only worry is that i will have to fork out for the roof part.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back