Can this be easily fixed?

OP, what you should have done was taken the keys off them, then said you'll get another plasterer to fix it and take the money out of the price he quoted you, then pay him whats left.

Sponsored Links
That's a good idea. Try reasoning with a couple of 'travelers' who think you are fleecing them. :cry:

Sponsored Links
No of course not but I hate to see perfectly square walls that look like melamine.

well its like a plasterer giving you square walls when you asked for a 'rustic' look, and someone popping up here saying square is better so accept it.

He should have written the spec down if he wanted perfectly square walls. It's not the way skimming works.

No of course not but I hate to see perfectly square walls that look like melamine.
In which case, would it not have been a more reasonable situation for the plasterer to tell the op what was a reasonable outcome given the curvature of the walls?

In any case, there's a difference between curvature which is fair enough in an old house and undulating, which is not.

Have you seen the job? Had the plasterers actually finished? Can you plaster?

I personally if I was doing the job, would have had a word with the customer and said ,"This is what I am going to do and the reason why is ......." Then tell them what is wrong and how I am going to straighten it up. Because I work on "Lines and levels" and The only way I will make anything "Rustic " is if the surroundings suit it. Bond it out re- bead it and skim it plumb!! Just like the lads have said....... ;)

And the minimum thickness of a bonding coat is?

No more than you have.

I think they intended to use bonding and a reskim.

Yes ta. I'm a very good plasterer.

So what's the minimum thickness for bonding then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back