Can Waste Pipes and Fittings Be Under Concrete?

EdF

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been left in the poo by a builder who cleared off with a staged payment and I'm having to do some work and planning myself. I need to lay waste pipes to serve a kitchen and utility room with loo at one end of the house and a bathroom at the other. Both will feed into an existing 110mm waste network leading to a septic tank. The house is to have solid floors. I cannot find any advice on whether I can lay the pipes just beneath the concrete sub floor in the kitchen; the floor isn't yet laid, and is presently awaiting it's subfloor on the earth. The older part (an old outbuilding) has an existing concrete floor which is approx. 8" below the finished floor level. Is it acceptable to lay the pipes under a concrete floor? I feel it's the only sensible answer. There will be a manhole at each change of direction outside.

Sponsored Links
EdF said:
I've been left in the poo by a builder who cleared off with a staged payment and I'm having to do some work and planning myself. I need to lay waste pipes to serve a kitchen and utility room with loo at one end of the house and a bathroom at the other. Both will feed into an existing 110mm waste network leading to a septic tank. The house is to have solid floors. I cannot find any advice on whether I can lay the pipes just beneath the concrete sub floor in the kitchen; the floor isn't yet laid, and is presently awaiting it's subfloor on the earth. The older part (an old outbuilding) has an existing concrete floor which is approx. 8" below the finished floor level. Is it acceptable to lay the pipes under a concrete floor? I feel it's the only sensible answer. There will be a manhole at each change of direction outside.

its been awahile since I have lock horns with drains, and am sure some of the others can answer you more precisley

I cannot recall any reason why not, I believe that u can buy plastic pipe desgined for under concrete now

But you would probably be better layingit in cast iron, cor I remember caulking cast how old am I

sad aint it

:)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back