Can you afford to

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Die :eek:

The cost of a simple coffin. A few flowers. Pallbearers + cremation. The hearse and a couple or cars for those who will undoubtedly mourn your passing. Your friends will find their own way ;)

Someone to say a few words to your tear filled family and friends. And of course, a little music as you disappear from sight.

It doesn't sound very extravagant does it? So, how can it cost (today) £7000 :rolleyes:

Have you thought about your final day out, told your family what you want? Simple, whistles and bells.
Don't leave it to your family to spend a small fortune to show how much they love you. Or worse, some slippery sod over selling your final trip and making a few extra quid from their grief.

If I die in an accident they are going to take any of my bits that can be of use to someone else. Perhaps the government should stick a few quid in the hat?

Sponsored Links
Never fancied cremation and being stuffed into an urn.
Nah.... I'll have my place at the Church where people can visit.

Looks like its the cupboard for you atheists. :LOL:

I don't really care what they do with me.

With my medical history, students would probably benefit from chopping me up.

I wouldn't mind that at all.

In fact, it would make me happy to have helped train med. students.

Thinking purely of my wife's well being, I'd like to be stuffed. She could then stand me up in the corner of the room where she can still see me every day. :D

Sponsored Links
Thinking purely of my wife's well being, I'd like to be stuffed. She could then stand me up in the corner of the room where she can still see me every day. :D
You mean put you by the front door to scare off the burglars :LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Prepay it , my old girl bought hers and my dads funeral 13 years ago for £1340 which at todays prices around my way of £4000 is a wise investment

Maybe she thinks you already have been. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
My granddad always used to tell me that he wanted to be taken to the cemetery by horse & cart - so that I could scoop up the horse sh*t and put it around his roses.

Reminds me of one of his favourite sayings about life: After the Lord Mayor's show - comes the sh*t cart.

:LOL:

I guess that one is impossible to answer unfortunately indoor or even outdoor signal strength cannot really guaged by postcode. Where I am I get fairly good indoor reception, but walk a few yards down the road and nothing at all.

Oops!! Wrong thread!

I guess that one is impossible to answer unfortunately indoor or even outdoor signal strength cannot really guaged by postcode. Where I am I get fairly good indoor reception, but walk a few yards down the road and nothing at all.
Not much sleep last night Eddie?

When I had to pay for the mother in laws funeral last year it cost £1876, that's for a 'basic' funeral so including the minister and service but no cars. Flowers etc on top.

Now seeing as my other half's family (or what's left of them now) have always used the same undertaker for donkeys I went along with it and did not have a chance to shop around. However it seems that when I did get round to comparing prices (for curiosity's sake) it seems that every (and I mean every) undertaker in this vicinity (ie within about 50miles) charges around about £1850 for a basic funeral. If I wasn't so cynical I'd think it was price fixing!

Prepay it , my old girl bought hers and my dads funeral 13 years ago for £1340 which at todays prices around my way of £4000 is a wise investment

:idea:

I was struggling with what to get 'Er Indoors for her birthday next week.

Sponsored Links
Back