Can you drive my car under your insurance?

Big Tone, the test drive is up to you to risk, he may be the type that will try to knock money off for not getting a drive before buying it.
The risk also must be losing the car if you just happen to happen across an ANPR equipped vehicle.

End of the day the various laws are there. Chances of being caught... Chance of an accident injuring someone.... (Remember registered owner gave permission for uninsured car to be used on the road and its obvious implications). As always your choice.

Like I said his chance to take, I have driven folk round my quiet and ANPR free estate as they insisted or it was no sale....no problem with that, if they expect me to take them on a 30 minute guided tour of the area they can think again. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Chances of being caught... Chance of an accident injuring someone.... (Remember registered owner gave permission for uninsured car to be used on the road and its obvious implications). As always your choice.

You missed out "chance of an absolute plonker ruining your day".

Always check to confirm either way that there is insurance cover for the use of that vehicle on a public road.

The situation for me is quite confusing but thanks as it gave me an idea on what to do in the near future. This will definitely answer the question about does car insurance cover the car or the driver because as far as I know the car you drive even if it isn't yours should be insured first prior to using.

It you read this thread, and do your own research, you will find it is a LEGAL requirement for a car to be insured, even if kept unused on a private drive, unless a SORN notification has been made with respect of the vehicle.

It is therefore IMPOSSIBLE, provided the vehicle in question is being kept in a legal condition, to drive any other vehicle, not owned by yourself, that doesn't carry insurance in its own right.

To repeat EVERY vehicle not subject to a SORN notification MUST BE INSURED, used or not that is the law and has been since about 2010!!

Sponsored Links
The situation for me is quite confusing but thanks as it gave me an idea on what to do in the near future. This will definitely answer the question about does car insurance cover the car or the driver because as far as I know the car you drive even if it isn't yours should be insured first prior to using.
Remember that site is a United States site and as such relates to their vehicle insurance laws. They may well differ, in various respects, to the relevant U.K. requirements.

Back