Can you eat too much fruit ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In a bid to be a bit less of a bloater, I decided to buy a load of fruit to keep at work so, whenever I felt a bit peckish, I would eat fruit instead of popping over the road and buying a Chimichanga or Samosa.

Now I seem to be eating a fruit mountain - So far today I've chomped my way through 3 bananas, 2 nectarines and 4 apples. So given that I seem to be eating a lot more, albeit only fruit, is it likely to do me any good or can eating lots of fruit still make you into a porker ?

Sponsored Links
johnny_t
you will be going to the toilet alot , lol...

bananas are full of natural sugar btw ..

Don't think fish eat any fruit at all, so by eating your first one, you are already feeling less of a bloater... :LOL:

I am eating lots of fruit, too. I've just come out of hospital, and not feeling at all like food (which is brilliant for a 20+ stone geezer that needs to diet!!). But I am liking fruit at the moment. My Ma comes round with lots of ripe nectarines & bananas every other day.

What would we do without 'em? (Mothers, I mean!)

They do say (in kids anyway) that too many nanas block you up, but don't think that's a problem in adults.

If you're diabetic, you may need to watch your intake of fructose. I can't see any other problems.

I think perhaps you have not yet changed your eating habits. Your mind any body expect a constant flow of calories; as the fruit contains less fat and sugar, you feel the need to eat until you feel satisfied.

But at least you are overeating on something healthier.

If you swig lots of water or juice it may help you feel full.

Sponsored Links
Hi JohnD - is that aimed at me or johnny t or both of us?

I was thinking of JohnyT, but I expect it's just as true for you and me.

Thinking about it, you're right. An article I read the other day in a food journal claimed that it is possible to confuse a feeling of thirst as one of hunger.

Plus, if you drink water, it fills you up.

Makes sense!

johnny_t said:
In a bid to be a bit less of a bloater, I decided to buy a load of fruit to keep at work so, whenever I felt a bit peckish, I would eat fruit instead of popping over the road and buying a Chimichanga or Samosa.

Now I seem to be eating a fruit mountain - So far today I've chomped my way through 3 bananas, 2 nectarines and 4 apples. So given that I seem to be eating a lot more, albeit only fruit, is it likely to do me any good or can eating lots of fruit still make you into a porker ?

Well let's see, try a month of eating 10 pieces of fruit per day and a month of eating 10 samosas a day and see which month gives you a weight gain? Think I know where my money would be! :D

Sponsored Links
Back