Can you fit a radiator isolator valves

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Iam new to the site so if Iam in the wrong part could you please point me in the right direction , or if this Question has previosly been discused could you also give me the Link.

My Question to you tech guys is can I fit Isolator valves in the Feed & Return to a Double Radiator ( the ones you would put in a Tap circuit which you turn off with a screwdriver ) Iam changing a single Rad to a double and in the future I want to move the Rad again so fitting these valves in the circuit would be of help when i come to move It to its new posistion. My concern is would these valves restrict the water flow to much ??????

System Worcester / Bosh Combi boiler Sealed system 15mm pipes on rad
Thanks in Advance Buzzy

Sponsored Links
Would be more worried that they would leak if you brushed past them too hard.

Sponsored Links
Yes you can but they have a nasty tendency to leak after a few years or even months in some cases when used on central heating. They also dont take kindly to being smaked by the hoover.

Thanks for all your inputs everybody .
The pipes are above floor level.
Can you get these full bore valves at the local plumbing outlet in England ??
as I have only seen the ones that have a ball valve inside & the plastic Push on ??

just buy an incoperated lockshield drainoff valve some you can get so they will drain off the rad after closing the valves, also handy for draining the system as well

holty said:
just buy an incoperated lockshield drainoff valve some you can get so they will drain off the rad after closing the valves, also handy for draining the system as well

yeh but, he wants to move the rad to a different location later.

sorry didn't read your post properly. didn't realise you were going to alter the pipework in the future.proberbly full bore lever valves are better looking then the gate valves also more reliable

Would these full bore lever valves be obtainable from your local B&Q store.
buzzy

Sorry to say I have to leave forum till tomorow Wife giving me grief thanks everybody.
buzzy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back