Can you glue broken patio flags

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well I laid forty Ok but forty one bloody broke. The flags can only be bought in packs so a one off replacement isnt on. The flag is in the corner so a visible crack wont be much of a problem. Is there such a glue?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I stuck a loose paving slab step down with some Sticks Like **** it hasn't budged though I wasn't actually gluing a crack. Anyway what have you to lose? Might be OK provided the bed is good.

Sponsored Links
If you are really struggling, you could drill a few holes along the crack surfaces, fill with resin bond, then put lengths of 10mm threaded rod through.
Might be a sod to line the holes up, so I'd be inclined to brace the broken pieces together, then drill straight through, from the most appropriate edge.
Wouldn't be relying on purely adhesive strength then - more like reinforced concrete principle.

Let us know how you get on. I'd be curious to see if this works.

I had my doubts but it worked fine. The broken slab was 35mm thick and 400mm sq. I stuck it last night held it together with clamps and laid it today. It needed cutting which I normally would have done by cutting half way through and hitting it. Wasnt brave enough on this one so cut all the way through.

If you are really struggling, you could drill a few holes along the crack surfaces, fill with resin bond, then put lengths of 10mm threaded rod through.
Might be a sod to line the holes up, so I'd be inclined to brace the broken pieces together, then drill straight through, from the most appropriate edge.
Wouldn't be relying on purely adhesive strength then - more like reinforced concrete principle.

Nice idea for the future perhaps. Thanks

This what I would do.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back