can you help me identify main fuse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have changed over my 3036 type cu to a shiny new RCD... when I pulled the main fuse it wasn't actually a fuse (not the usual BS88 you normally get anyway) it was a shaped piece of copper, I can't see that it acts as a fuse it would take to much power to operate and doesn't have a rating ie 60amp... the property is a first floor flat is there likely to be a main fuse somewhere else or is that it... if it is what type (BS) is it. any advice appreciatted
Sheppy

Sponsored Links
worthless.gif

It is sometimes known in flats to have a solid link in the fuse holder with the fuse for the flat downstairs somewhere.

But like everyone else has said PIC :D

P.S why are you pulling the fuse anyway? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Now I don't do this very often, but for that post you win your very own Blue Peter badge

images

:D

So would there be a fuse somewhere in the flats....there is a box downstairs in the entrance hall thats padlocked could that be it... the meter and the link are right outside the front door to the flat

Do you have a pic of the bit where you pulled it out from
Was it on its own.
Could it be a neutral link , and the main fuse is nearby

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back