Can you use a basic bathroom sink as an insert/recessed...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking to spruce up my bathroom ...short term....
I have standard 600mm kitchen units in there with a work top and 'recessed' bowl sink.
The sink is metal, matt(?) enamel??? - it stains as soon as you look at it (small children muddy/paint hands....) - I have to bleach/scrub it almost daily (or I would if I wasn't too lazy :oops: )
It also has a separate mixer tap - which is so far back that small child on stool can't reach and no matter how careful you are the unit around the tap gets covered in water...
Don't want to get rid of the units just yet ... but thought I could get a work top offcut and drop a new sink in there - preferably a ceramic one with tap(s) attached.

Struggling to find cheap 'recessed' or insert basins...loads of semi recessed and pedestal ones (like for £25!)
Can't fix it to the wall (else it will be way too far back ...)and ideally do want to move it closer to the front...
Any suggestions????

Sponsored Links
I did look on e-bay - but most of them are semi recessed....don't know if that would work or not?

Also the closest one (semi recessed) is 70 miles away with a starting bid of £40! and most of them are pick up only...

Found one on gumtree which is local but again semi-recessed....

Sponsored Links
Thanks - I'll go in and have a look in the store - can't see anything online ...but that might just be their rubbish web site -never can find anything on there...

Semi recessed won't work? (Gumtree one is £10!)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back