Cancellations...

10 days of 'lockdown' as regards public events
It isn't being mandated, it's up to individual sports organisations to decide. If they decide they want to do this as a mark of respect you'd need to take it up with them.

Sponsored Links
If you lived in certain countries you would be expected to wear " Sackcloth and ashes" in mourning for fear of imprisonment or your life .

Sponsored Links
The Queen of the United Kingdom can hardly be called 'a stranger', can she?
She was neither a friend nor acquaintance or mine, I knew nothing of her at all.
Therefore she was a complete stranger to me.

Wasn't she a stranger to you, did you know her?

We were lumbered with the monarchy from history I suppose, but it's never served me other than bringing tourists, who we're told the country profits from. What did the queen actually do, that was good? She didn't upset anyone. and she was nice. Oh ok, jolly good, do one telly programme on her life and move on.
Do I want another king/queen - why would I? If we can earn something out of making foreigners happy there many be some point having some Royals, but I'm struggling here.
Born to riches, the family has zero intrinsic merit, and it's a pretty mixed bunch, really not a good advert for the setup. They are all strangers, marked out only by their unearned privilege.
She was a hugely expensive anachronism civil servant whose only use was as a hugely expensive anachronism civil servant.

I don't do funerals, either.

A lot of the good the queen did for the UK was never publicised

Billions of pounds of contracts signed on the royal yacht

State visits that lead to major contracts for UK industry ect ect

With out a monarchy head of state what would you end up with

Some president that would have to be voted in

Yes exactly you could end up like France with some scoundrel as head of state

Jeez us look at the history of Europe in the last 70 years
Military juntas
Fascist dictators
Communist puppet governments
Collaborators

A lot of the good the queen did for the UK was never publicised

Billions of pounds of contracts signed on the royal yacht

State visits that lead to major contracts for UK industry ect ect

With out a monarchy head of state what would you end up with

Some president that would have to be voted in

Yes exactly you could end up like France with some scoundrel as head of state
Oh, right, so you prefer the 'magic fanny' approach to deciding who is Head of State rather than a democratic process.

Oh, right, so you prefer the 'magic fanny' approach to deciding who is Head of State rather than a democratic process.

Yes pretty much

Damn sight better than having to listen to some grubby politician spouting thefe ball cocks looking for votes to get the job

Democracy

The only time a lot of em give a damn about democracy is every 5 years when they come around yer house cap in hand for yer vote

Well they don’t come around yer house they send some party activist
Bell. **d

Yes pretty much

Damn sight better than having to listen to some grubby politician spouting thefe ball cocks looking for votes to get the job

Democracy

The only time a lot of em give a damn about democracy is every 5 years when they come around yer house cap in hand for yer vote

Well they don’t come around yer house they send some party activist
Bell. **d

Yes, let's have it decided by the 'magic fanny' approach so then whoever pops out of it gets the job regardless of how suited or unsuited they are to it and, of course, there's no getting rid of them until they die or they decide they've had enough.

For now anyway, that's the approach we're stuck with and it's given us (whether we like it or not) King Charles Spaniel, let's see how he goes.

Yes, let's have it decided by the 'magic fanny' approach so then whoever pops out of it gets the job regardless of how suited or unsuited they are to it and, of course, there's no getting rid of them until they die or they decide they've had enough.

For now anyway, that's the approach we're stuck with and it's given us (whether we like it or not) King Charles Spaniel, let's see how he goes.

Fortunately we are stuck with iit
And TF for that

And fortunately it is not going to change any time soon

If ever

And if people don’t like it tough I say

And if they are really really that bothered they can pack there suit case and ship off out of it

Doubt they will b Missed ?? :)

Fortunately we are stuck with iit
And TF for that

And fortunately it is not going to change any time soon

If ever

And if people don’t like it tough I say

And if they are really really that bothered they can pack there suit case and ship off out of it

Doubt they will b Missed ?? :)
If anything you don't like happens in the country are you going to pack your suitcase and ship off out of it?

If anything you don't like happens in the country are you going to pack your suitcase and ship off out of it?

No I am
Not

although I could at any time as I have family ( foreigners) abroad)

It’s always been a monarchy and always will be

So you could have a problem because it ain’t going to change :)

Long live the king

So you could have a problem because it ain’t going to change :)

Long live the king
Why would I have a problem?

Demographics may not be helpful to the monarchy or monarchists and it's probably that which will spell the end for them.

A recent poll shows pretty good support for the monarch in the 50+ age groups as expected but it's the figures in the 18-24 group which will be a worry for them:

. When asked 'do you think the institution of the monarchy was good or bad for Britain?'
24% said Good.

. When asked 'Do you think Britain should continue to have a monarchy in the future, or should it be replaced with an elected head of state?'
33% said 'Should continue to have a monarchy'.

I wonder how those figures will start to look after King Charles Spaniel has been working his magic for a while.

We'll see I suppose.

Sponsored Links
Back