Cancellations...

Why is it right?

What you can't seem to comprehend is that millions won't be able to carry on 'as normal' as events that they had probably planned for months ago are taken away...

Personally I'd have thought that the late queen would have been privately disappointed that horse racing events have been cancelled...

It is actually a disrespect to disrupt her subjects' enjoyments...

But then I guess you are one of those that believe that one person is better than any other, including members of your family?
Wind your pathetic troll-esque neck in. Events (including major ones that are months in the planning) get cancelled or postponed on a not infrequent basis for all sorts of reasons. It happens.

I bet you're the sort of person who complains when your fave tv prog (that's on weekly if not more) is postponed due to a major world event.

'Ok, so the twin towers have been destroyed and thousands injured or killed ... but did they REALLY need to postpone tonight's Corrie???'

That's you.

Sponsored Links
Why would I have a problem?

Demographics may not be helpful to the monarchy or monarchists and it's probably that which will spell the end for them.

A recent poll shows pretty good support for the monarch in the 50+ age groups as expected but it's the figures in the 18-24 group which will be a worry for them:

. When asked 'do you think the institution of the monarchy was good or bad for Britain?'
24% said Good.

. When asked 'Do you think Britain should continue to have a monarchy in the future, or should it be replaced with an elected head of state?'
33% said 'Should continue to have a monarchy'.

I wonder how those figures will start to look after King Charles Spaniel has been working his magic for a while.

We'll see I suppose.

So 33% answered some poll and said yes to electing another idiot politician

Who cares

Polls :ROFLMAO:

Public opinion constantly changes
Bit like the weather and the French never that reliable

Sponsored Links
But then I guess you are one of those that believe that one person is better than any other, including members of your family?

Isn't that you....thinking some people deserve better treatment than other people?

So 33% answered some poll and said yes to electing another idiot politician

Who cares

Polls :ROFLMAO:

Public opinion constantly changes
Bit like the weather and the French never that reliable
That's right, they did.

Who cares? I imagine the establishment will care an awful lot and bring everything to bear to try to change those numbers; Green Champion King Charles Spaniel etc.

Agree, public opinion changes all the time, that's what propaganda does.

Time will tell but I suspect demographics will do most of the heavy lifting to move what's left of the UK towards being a republic. Monarchy is a difficult sell these days e.g. watching someone draped in gold and diamonds delivering a speech about the need for austerity doesn't really cut it.

Time will tell but I suspect demographics will do most of the heavy lifting to move what's left of the UK towards being a republic. Monarchy is a difficult sell these days

SEI_124257342.jpg

When queenie came in she was only a kid, not savvy about owt.
And we could have got ourselves a king from Edward or Andrew.

King Andrew would look really good, for the next 30 years eh? The yanks would have loved it for sure.
As it is we've got an admitted adulterer dullard king.

He has promised to serve. Bullshít. Ribbon-cutter in chief. He'll be head of this that and the other but won't do anything, like his ma. Did she declare any wars, free any prisoners, stop bad laws going through? Nope. How many times do you think she cleaned up after her dogs?

Something presumably goes on in Buck house , cos it has about 6 times as many rooms as the White House. She's got finance and publicity, and the rest are all lackies. Plus there's Windsor, Balmoral, Sandringham...

Of course she has a load of the nation's art treasures kept hidden away. The ones formerly "looked after" by a bloke everyone - including her - knew was a spy and a traitor.

A president could be elected on a cross party basis on a different cycle from, best longer than, general elections. Not hard.

A lot of the good the queen did for the UK was never publicised

Billions of pounds of contracts signed on the royal yacht

State visits that lead to major contracts for UK industry ect ect
What did the queen sign?
Nothing.
Please tell us what contracts she got signed by her visits? Three, say?

When queenie came in she was only a kid, not savvy about owt.
And we could have got ourselves a king from Edward or Andrew.

King Andrew would look really good, for the next 30 years eh? The yanks would have loved it for sure.
As it is we've got an admitted adulterer dullard king.

He has promised to serve. Bullshít. Ribbon-cutter in chief. He'll be head of this that and the other but won't do anything, like his ma. Did she declare any wars, free any prisoners, stop bad laws going through? Nope. How many times do you think she cleaned up after her dogs?

Something presumably goes on in Buck house , cos it has about 6 times as many rooms as the White House. She's got finance and publicity, and the rest are all lackies. Plus there's Windsor, Balmoral, Sandringham...

Of course she has a load of the nation's art treasures kept hidden away. The ones formerly "looked after" by a bloke everyone - including her - knew was a spy and a traitor.

A president could be elected on a cross party basis on a different cycle from, best longer than, general elections. Not hard.

What did the queen sign?
Nothing.
Please tell us what contracts she got signed by her visits? Three, say?
She is the queen she does not sign said contracts

What I said was that numerous deals and contracts were signed or agreed on the royal yacht

As for Andrew and any thing else

Ifs

Buts

And may be’s that have no relevance and don’t amount to a bag of beans

That's right, they did.

Who cares? I imagine the establishment will care an awful lot and bring everything to bear to try to change those numbers; Green Champion King Charles Spaniel etc.

Agree, public opinion changes all the time, that's what propaganda does.

Time will tell but I suspect demographics will do most of the heavy lifting to move what's left of the UK towards being a republic. Monarchy is a difficult sell these days e.g. watching someone draped in gold and diamonds delivering a speech about the need for austerity doesn't really cut it.

Who cares about the 33% well I dunno

I certainly don’t

Campaign for a referendum on the caper

She is the queen she does not sign said contracts

What I said was that numerous deals and contracts were signed or agreed on the royal yacht

As for Andrew and any thing else

Ifs

Buts

And may be’s that have no relevance and don’t amount to a bag of beans
So all she provided was a boat. Which is gone.
So that's what's irrelevant. The queen was irrelevant.
What were these supposed productive meetings and visits you speculate about?

The "what if " King Plonker is an unavoidable possibility in the system we have.
Recently we've been lucky, perhaps. We've had awful monarchs in the past.
Once you have one, then can be there 70 years :oops:.
It's a crap system.

Last edited:
i think its brilliant that people are are showing respect as much as they can and want
i personally think she was [is great ]as a advocate, fantastic for the tourist and for the Colonial past ceremonies but will leave the colonial past to one side as she deservers full respect
the thing is i dont understand is every source seems to be on a time loop so after perhaps 12 hours you will have covered all input from every source from tv /radio internet ect after that point most respect will be in reflection over the cumming weeks rather than repetition its a shame when people seem to dictate and subscribe how you should think and what we should think rather than give a choice off say one bbc tv channel dedicated to people to greave to the maximum with updates but mainly looped content then perhaps another with a bit more normal world news
then a further channel perhaps bbc 2 where only updates relevant are mentioned after all many are petrified by the energy and heat or eat situation so some updates there may prevent further suffering after all when your world is falling appart you need as much help as others who are greaving

The new date will be more special with planning.
I always look forward to the Last Night of the Proms and hope they can schedule a new date, after the funeral perhaps.
Elgar never fails to capture the mood and a boisterous chorus of Land of Hope and Glory will give everyone a lift.

Sponsored Links
Back