Candy CDI 2012 dishwasher not heating

Reaction score
Country
Belgium
Hi,

My dishwasher was first not drying sometimes, sometimes also it started to beep after a wash cycle, then I saw it was not dry. Now it seems the water is not heating either. Sometimes however it does work. I've been investigating already a bit (also on a lot of DYI sites), thought I had found a loose contact or so because suddenly it did work, once, then again it doesn't heat anymore again now.
I don't see any obvious loose cables or damage.
First time when I had this problem a week ago I did some thorough cleaning with dishwasher cleaning products, and the problem was solved. Until yesterday and now its seems to be persistent.
I've measured to see if I got power on the heater element when it should be heating, and no power (had power when it was heating earlier on). The heater element gave like 30 ohms resistance so seems to be ok.
I've seen some remarks on websites to reset the instrument to a diagnostics mode? Not sure how to do this for this machine...
What else can I check, could there still be some blocking in a tube by dirt somewhere?
I don't get any error codes, it just continues it's program but always with cold water

Thanks for any hints & tips, I hope I don't have to replace the circuit board e.g. as it would cost around half of what the machine cost me 6 years ago, but perhaps it's a silly thing (done some repairs on my washer machine before which turned out to be a sock in a drain pipe internally)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back