Candy washing machine: CN100 aqua100.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Our washing machine will only work on two settings and will not rinse on these two wash programmes. I have to turn the dial to spin so that it will finish the cycles. Quick wash and several other cycles just cause the dial to rotate without functioning or sometimes make a loud whirring noise without doing anything. We were told that the water pressure was the problem as we have had low pressure to all our taps. This has been sorted but has not made any difference to the washing machine. Any help or advice would be great.

Sponsored Links
if you can tell which cycles do & don't work

can be a faulty hot water inlet valve , could be element on the way out, not too sure at the moment

Hi,
The programmes not working at all are: COTTONS - Whites & Prewash, Whites normal, Fast coloureds, Non-fast coloureds. SYNTHETICS - Mixed fabrics. DELICATES - Delicate wash, Woollens, Extra delicate. RAPID 32' WASH.
The programmes that work, but don't rinse are: SYNTHETICS - Coloureds, Acrylics.
It has a seperate temperature dial, despite reccomended temps for each programme. We usually leave this on 30 or 40 degrees, but have tried other temps, which makes no difference.
Thanks.

could be a couple of things

first try testing the hot water fill valve 1st ,
high pressure may have damaged it , thus no change since pressure changed.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice. How do I go about testing the hot water fill valve? Probably being a bit thick but my DIY skills and knowledge are not the best, and my partner is not here to help at the min!

swap pipes over or test with a continuity tester.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back