Cannot Adjust to suitable temperature

gl

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Gainsborough 8.5 shower. When trying to adjust the temperature it will come very hot or, if turned towards cold it will come too cold. I am not able to ajust it to a comfortable temperature.

gl

Sponsored Links
I take it you're adjusting the (usually bottom) temperature control, not the top power control? The one you need to adjust is the variable one.

Thanks , Steve for the reply.
There is only one dial to adjust the temperature

Sponsored Links
Thanks GaryMo,
You say it's faulty , is a repair not possible ?

I suppose it depends what the faulty part is and how economical the repair would be.
When you turn the dial it just alters the flow rate of water through the heater, slower the flow - warmer the water, faster the flow cooler the water.
The heater should give a constant heat.
If you set the dial to a desired temperature, does the temperature fluctuate? Does the water flow fluctuate?

http://www.gainsboroughshowers.co.uk/parts-store/Gainsborough-Showers/Gainsborough-85E/

Hi Thanks garymo,

If I turn the control fully to the hot ,the water flow does slow down and the waterb is red hot. When I turn to cold, the water flow is faster and the water goes cold. My problem is I cannot get a comfortable temperature, Its' either too hot or two cold. Should I adjust the water input, ie reduce or increase the pressure.

gl

Have you checked that your cold mains stop cock is fully opened?

Have you had any work done needing the cold mains t be turned off recently?

If not could be scaled up heating element if you live in a hard water area.

Hi Thanks for your reply.

I opened the mains stop cock fully open, and that has done the trick, I can now adjust to a comfortable temperature.

Thanks for all your help

gl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back