Cannot find a way to repressurise my boiler (Greenstar30Cdi)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

my boiler (greenstar 30CDi) has a very low pressure at the moment and I'm trying to find a way to repressurise it.

I've seen this message: //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=208427 and this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUsBw1ZpiKY.

They both mention a white plastic key, which I have. But I can't find where to insert it! Here is a photo from under my boiler:

boiler_30cdi.jpg

As you can see, there are 5 metallic valves, but nowhere to put the plastic key.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
There should be a fitting called a charging link assembly that is fitted to the 2 RH pipes and from there you insert the key and fill the system. The fitting should have been left with you together with the key. WB could supply one as a spare.

the filling link isn't fitted, (its an optional extra)
it should be between the two pipes on the far right (cold main & return)

you must have a separate filling loop fitted elsewhere, follow the cold main down from the boiler and you should find it somewhere.... eventually

Sponsored Links
I didn't realise that the link was an option. Why do they leave a key, beats me. OP look for something like this. View media item 35799

yeah, it comes separate with the key.

they have a new one now that doesn't require a key, it just has a little lever you pull down to let the water in.
its dead easy, but very slow to fill, also not sure how they've managed to incorporate an air break in it either
f5b12dc4bf70ffb291deca31785e1f9b.jpg
[/img] :confused:

It'll have a type CA backflow device inside...that's why there's a drain port in the middle. It's another stupid ill-conceived idea from a major manufacturer.

You'd have thought Worcester would be aware of how unreliable the Glowworm version was. Give it a few years and they'll be running around replacing the links under warranty due to the leakage :rolleyes:

Thanks a lot you all, this is very helpful. It looks like I'm in this situation, right?

I can't see the filling hose at the moment due to a wooden panel being in the way. I'll take it out later and hopefully see the link there.

I'm happy to report that it's now all sorted! The filling hose was there, behind one of the wooden panels. It was already plugged in, I just had to turn one valve on until I reached 1.5 bar.

Thanks again for your help!

It'll have a type CA backflow device inside...that's why there's a drain port in the middle. It's another stupid ill-conceived idea from a major manufacturer.

You'd have thought Worcester would be aware of how unreliable the Glowworm version was. Give it a few years and they'll be running around replacing the links under warranty due to the leakage :rolleyes:

Wooshitter Botch have been devising stupid ways of charging their boilers much longer than Glowworm.

Although GW have come up with a few doozies over the years. :mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back