Cannot find suitable Flexi tap tail - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking for the following item:
Flexible monoblock tap connector 12mm male thread at tap end, 1/2'' female BSP Thread at other end (for iso Valve).

I looked online and in all the local shops, but no luck. This is the very pipe I need, not 10mm and not ending with a compression fitting or other fitting.

I have tried:
Wickes
Grahams
Plumbase
HPS
Screwfix
Plumb Centre

And online there is this one:
http://www.notjusttaps.co.uk/spares-flexitails-12mm.htm
but a total of £7+£4 delivery seems a lot of money for this...

Any ideas?

Thank you

PS: Last week I did posted about this (in a different way) and someone offered me their pipes, but they were not 12mm, so I am back to zero.

Leo

Sponsored Links
With the greatest respect you seem to have spent hours trying to save a couple of quid. £11 for what fits your purpose seems good value, but yes you may find others for a couple of quid cheaper, is it really worth all the effort and aggro?

Iso. valves are usually made with compression fittings, so there's a tapered seating for an olive, not a flat face like a tap tail. That tends to cut through the sealing washer.

It's easier to fit a short tail of copper pipe in the iso. valve outlet, and into a compression fitting end on the flexi. than it is to file up the end of the valve then try and get it to seal.

Iso. valves are usually made with compression fittings, so there's a tapered seating for an olive, not a flat face like a tap tail. That tends to cut through the sealing washer.

It's easier to fit a short tail of copper pipe in the iso. valve outlet, and into a compression fitting end on the flexi. than it is to file up the end of the valve then try and get it to seal.
I agree, on occasions, I have brought the end fittings to suit, and silver soldered them together to make a fitting that will do the job.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies, I order the tails for £11.

Dolph, you are right about the effort of research vs cost of £11, but I often find that for example Wickes sells things for £9 which cost £2 in Tool Station (next door to each other in Brighton), for the same quality product. Therefore a little research often is justified.

As per the connection to the iso valves, I wanted to reproduce the existing connection of the previous tap, which was tap directly to iso via flex pipe. I am not experienced with copper or compression fittings, so I guessed the best thing would be to reproduce something that had worked before.

Leo

You haven't got a copy of toolstation.com's catalog yet?

I'm sure I've seen tails with compressions and a screw thread on the other end in there, and they're often cheaper than Screwfix. B&Q and Wickes aren't in the same domain on prices, staff and service.

Free next day delivery if the order is over £10, or use the store finder and walk into the local one, collecting a free drink as you pass go (seriously).

I carry the catalog around like a little bible now, reading it on the toilet, comparing prices in B&Q for a laugh (£8 for the rollers I paid £1-2 for, £10 for 10m of wire, £15 for a 50m spool of the same wire, etc).

The guy in there gave me a free diamond blade today because he'd already got it off the shelf and I buy so much in there.

I would bum them if toolstation was a physical entity. But I can't do that to a building, not a clad one anyway, and not without a hole saw, which I can also get there. Hmmmmm

Toolstation does not sell the product. I looked there first thing, I also am a frequent consumer there, they are very good.
Not Just Taps, charged me £4 delivery and I have not received the item yet (ordered monday, today thursday), a little bit out of order really considering that Amazon does not charge me delivery and the orders always arrive before they are expected... Hopefully they will arrive later on today...

I will have to have words. :!: :D

Froogle is another good resource for prices - it's google's price comparator.

There are tons of those price comparison things, but froogle does actually work and is easy.

If I'm buying something, like a digital vacuum gauge I bought recently, I'll quickly scan through froogle.

I can easily knock £20-30 off some of the prices with a few seconds on froogle, for the same item. Sometimes the differences can be a hundred or more on the more expensive stuff, for the same item.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back