Canon Smartbase MP390

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have a Canon Smartbase MP 390 that appears to be running out of Black ink.

But, the cartridge was replace a couple of weeks ago and not been used much since. Come to think of it the last genuine Canon cartridge didn’t seem to last long and the common thing is that they both were not used for a while before appearing to run out.

I can not find the CD that came with it so I am wondering if any one knows if there is a head cleaning procedure for this thing.

Tim

Sponsored Links
Ink can often dry out on the head if not used regularly, especially if the environment is hot. Not sure about the cleaning procedure for this model, but try right clicking the printer and selecting Properties or Printing Preferences to see if there is a maintenance tab. You could also try the Canon website.

Some manufacturers sell two types of cartridge a high yield and expensive one and a low yield and bit cheaper one, if you read the info you will be surprised how few pages the low yield cartridges print.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice, no joy with the suggestions so tomorrow I will treat my self to a genuine Canon cartridge and try to note how many pages it does.

Tim

Back