Can't change flush ceiling light bulb

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a really stupid problem. A flush ceiling light fitting needs a new bulb but I can't get the old one out. See the photo attached.

I've managed to get the glass disc out, but it looks like the inner ring with 3 small lugs needs to be prised out to get to the bulb. I've tried that and it won't budge. Should I try harder, or is there a secret I haven't figured out?

I really don't want to break this because it's not my house.

Attachments

• 20170809_163928.jpg
    20170809_163928.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 234
Sponsored Links
The central insert with the three lugs on, will twist out, normally a quarter turn anti-clockwise does the trick.
Use the lugs as leverage and it should just drop down.

Them fittings are prone to overheat and warp, thus making the thing impossible to turn, you may find it easier to remove from the ceiling and work on it, on the ground.
I have had some that you have had to bash it round with something.
There not an expensive fitting if you damage it.

Sponsored Links
Thanks everyone for your advice. Yes, they do turn, but the one I was trying to get into is thoroughly seized up. Next time I'm at the property I'll take a hammer!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back