Can't find bathroom paint for woodwork?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last time I painted my bathroom window frame and paneling etc I am pretty sure that I selected a specific bathroom paint, to suitable for humid environments.

Yesterday I went into B&Q :cry: and they had no such thing (well, only bathroom suitable paint for walls).

Is my memory getting hazy, does such a product exist?

Also, next to the bath there is a large shelf forming the bottom of the window so the ideal spot for a few bottles, kids sponge, toys etc so generally gets a bit of occasional splashing. If I want a basic white satin to repaint this (as well as door and other woodwork) can anyone suggest a suitable product??

thanks

Sponsored Links
Anything that has wet bottles and stuff for the bathroom wash on it will fail (eventually).

Any old wood finish (satin, gloss, egg shell) will give some protection. If you want a longer term solution you could opt for an external satin or gloss product. I'd go oil base over water base due to the extra strength to copy with your use.

Another method would be to clad the shelf with glass or a plastic laminate, seal it and it will last far longer.

Sponsored Links
OK, so an external satin is always going to give better performance in these conditions than a standard version?

If using oil based, will there ever be any of the leaching that seems to happen in bathrooms where brown oily marks/drops appear on the surface?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back