CAN'T FIT CEILING ROSE!!! HELP ME PLEASE!!

Sponsored Links
Annette:

That cable with the red & green/yellow coming out of it... Is there also a black?

It sure looks to me as if there is a third conductor coming out of that grey sheath.

It may be that there is a neutral feed to the spare room that has been omitted.

You could do worse than trying to connect the two blacks together to see if the spare room lights up once more...

Work safely!
Hiya! That thing is the rawl plug that was holding the original light up,not another wire,optical illusion. theres definitely no other wires, just the 3.What do you mean by both blacks? ive only got an earth, a grey and a red! Love that song"if your gonna do it,do it right(right) do it with me" Bet he's crap a wiring tho!

admit it, you've chaned a light switch too..

or you have fuses and wired it up wrong and blew the fuse but haven't realised it.
I SWEAR,all I did was take the old light down!! just checked in the loft, there is no box, just grey wires that lead from somewhere,and go down into the ceiling.Theres nothing poked thru up into the ceiling,and nothing disturbed(except me...) God knows what happened. will have to admit defeat and ring "sparky" Can't understand why the spare room lites not working???

fair enough, but we get a lot on here that say "I've just changed a light and now XX doesn't work" only to find out 3 pages later that they changed a nother light or switch the day before etc and didn't notice until now that XX hasn't worked since the other day and not just since doing the present bit..

what are the odds that the "earth" shown is not being used as an earth?

we need photo's of the contents of the switches ( this room and the ones not working ), and of the fuseboard too..

Sponsored Links
This post is nothing but a wind-up. I've said this from the start.

"When will they ever learn".........

Lucia.

it's been done..

View media item 13174
this is 2 way switching that is at my house.. wired by the council..

I sleeved it overall with black self gluing heatshrink at both ends and will replace it when I decorate that hallway.. ( it's at the bottom of a half flight of stairs and is a good 10ft drop.. can't pull in a 3 core, i tried.. must be direct inthe plaster, no capping.. )

"ColJack";p="1600707

what are the odds that the "earth" shown is not being used as an earth?

we need photo's of the contents of the switches ( this room and the ones not working ), and of the fuseboard too."

The switches are just normal light switches. Whats the fuse board? is that in the fuse box? will take pics tomorrow and post them up here. On the light i took down, the earth was not used,there was a bit of insulation tape over it. the old lite only had places for the grey and red wires. im sure this whole system could be simplified, its toooooooooo complicated :LOL:

This post is nothing but a wind-up. I've said this from the start.

its not a wind up! What would the point of that be???

Its not even funny enough to be a wind-up! if its not sorted by 2moro, I'm getting a spark in, and i'll post his verdict here.i'm gonna try a new rose 1st, just in case its something that simple

Wind-up. And a pathetic one at that.

live, neutral and earth. What could possibly go wrong?

Lucia.

it's 3 wires.. how more simple do you want it?
Ive got 3 wires,the diagram insisted i needed 9,originally only 2 of them were used,the red is sometimes brown, the grey is blue sometimes,two wires in one sheath, don't follow the diagram,2 lites not working, the earth might not be used as earth....EH?? not what I call simple!!!

You deserve to be wound-up, Nancy Boy.......

Please let me know if this ficticious electrican of yours manages to solve your ficticious 'problem'........

Lucia.

You deserve to be wound-up, Nancy Boy.......

Please let me know if this ficticious electrican of yours manages to solve your ficticious 'problem'........

Lucia.
How mean...and I was just thinking how nice it was that qualified people would come here and give help and advice for free,what a lovely,friendly website etc,then I get called a nancy boy!! I'm actually female,and just cos its easy for you,its not easy for everyone. Thats the point of the forum isnt it? never mind,thanks 4ur imput

If you were female, sweetheart, I would've noticed it by now and offered assistance.

Good luck with your next wind-up.....

Lucia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back