Can't repressurise boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

I've drain the water from the radiators so pressure is sitting at 0 but I can't find a value to increase the pressure.

I've attached some photos. Its an old combi boiler, Baxi Combi 80 eco.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Boiler 3.jpg
    Boiler 3.jpg
    244.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Boiler 2.jpg
    Boiler 2.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 157
  • Boiler 1.jpg
    Boiler 1.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 153
Sponsored Links
I’m not a plumber but I’d guess you'd remove the two chrome caps (in picture 2) with the valves and connect those two together with a flexible pipe. Switch them off first - it looks like they are open. When connected, open one fully and then slowly open the other until the pressure gets to where you want it. Switch both off afterwards. You should remove the connecting hose and refit the caps but most people leave the pipe in place. I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong though!

I managed to dig out the manual and you hit the nail on the head Motman. I wish I'd read your reply before taking the caps off ‍♂️

Sponsored Links
Whatever you do don't remove any caps on the front of those isolating valves...you'll have water everywhere. The filling loop kit has not been fitted to the boiler...have a look elsewhere for the loop.

As @Gasguru says do not remove those caps, you will have an external filling loop somewhere, you will just have to follow the pipes to find it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back