CAPITA

J

johnfox

i see capita are soon to be in charge of gas safety in this country.
this forum has alerted me to this.thanks guys.
so corgi has gone WHY has capita not kept the corgi name,its well known to most people in this country who use gas.
gas safe in my opinion as a gas user is a big step backwards,many gas user will be confused when needing to call in a corgi opps sorry gas safe registered installer.
rouge traders should monitor that all is ok in the new era gas safe world.
good luck lads.
ps,the guy in gas safe internet site pic,is that roger bisby.

Sponsored Links
As far as I was led to belive, the reason they didn't keep the 'corgi' badge is because corgi asked too much for it. As regards the confusion with it, you hit the nail on head there.
One thing that does confuse me, is that CORGI stands for 'Council Of registered Gas installers' but now they are not. surely thats misleading??Probably what they want!

Mark
RGI

i understand your point, there will be countless numbers of people confused.

as far as i know the resonfor capita not keeping the corgi name is that it is not theirs to keep. corgi is a company who for many years has provided the benchmark of gas saftey on behalf of the HSE (i think) capita have now got the contract, and being a different company they have a different name.

i think....

Sponsored Links
Anyone else disappointed, but not surprised, by the lack of publicity about the changes? no TV or radio campaign. does the general public even know about this?

can see it now, little old lady (lol) at the front door...

lol, Can i see your Corgi card,
rgi, sorry love its Crapita now.
lol, Who?
rgi, Capita..
lol, Who? what about Corgi?
rgi, They lost the contract, blah blah blah..
lol, It's ok, i'll get my son to look at it..kaboom or co poisoning

wouldn't worry bout that. Have never been asked for my corgi card in 10 years! Oh, sorry, twice........by the corgi inspector!

Its Crapita, not Capita.

Someone must be bunging someone as this company is involved in so many government projects now.

They sold a system to a LA near me and it has not worked as it should have since it was implemented and has generated so much work/stress/problems/paperwork - all of which it was designed to eradicate.

Putting them in charge of gas safety is like putting Michael Jackson in charge of a nursery class

They also do TV licencing too!

They write about every two months to my unlicenced property threatening to send out an inspector.

They also do TV licencing too!

They write about every two months to my unlicenced property threatening to send out an inspector.

now that really inspires confidence in them tony :LOL: :LOL: ;)

get them to come out and have your work inspection at the same time ;)

It's Capita that lost teachers details & NHS staff data last year.

So not exactly instilling confidence in them, especially if they get any of your private data.

The adverts in the paper & on the TV were excellent telling us about it, I especially liked the one where they crushed a Corgi logo'd van. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back