Capping off an old cooker connection, legal??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im needing to cap off an old gas cooker connection, which im wanting to do below floor level or behind a stud wall, is this legal or do all old gas pipes need to be shown at floor level.

I will be getting a corgi guy out to do this, so any ideas on typical price they may charge just take off an old fitting and sink below floor ( boards are up )

thanks.

Sponsored Links
yes he can, he will also do the relevant safety/tightness test etc to make sure no leaks. he should try and not leave a long dead leg but in reality he poss might jus cap it where easiest
£50

And why would a dead leg matter on a gas point . only thing is he should not use a compression cap as you will be putting it under the boards but in reality nothing to worry about

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys, your advice is appreciated. Think Im going to get him to cap it off under the floor whilst the boards are up. Its 15mil under the floor which comes from a T joint 22mil main feed, but this also runs to the gas fire in front room. Will check with the plumber. If anyone Corgi Registered from Newcastle area is reading this and can do this job for around £40 including vat give then reply to this post I can can get in touch. Thanks again.

i was told it was "good practice"...and its better for the xmas weigh in bonus ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back