Capping

The boxes are only chopped in half their so they don't stand proud when the wall is dot and dabbed.

I like to use conduit, and include it in the price. If the customer doesn't like the price then I wouldn't get the job. It might be a little overkill on this particular job as there is no access from above, but on a standard domestic property it makes future additions / alterations 100 times easier.

Oval conduit adds very little to the overall cost of the job, and is nearly as quick to install as clipping the cables direct to the blockwork.

Sponsored Links
I've been using Oval for years - introduced to it by my boss (when I was an apprentice- no jokes, please! :LOL: ) who used to use it surface-mounted with those special cleats.

RF Lighting said:
The boxes are only chopped in half their so they don't stand proud when the wall is dot and dabbed.

See where you are coming from, but...

Never had a problem yet with 25mm backboxes being left proud where plasterboard dot and dabbed.. You must use 50+mm pins on your accessories ! PVC cable correctly selected and erected should last 20+ years (more maybe it hasn't been dated yet, or has it?), how future proof do you need to be ? And when drawing new cable through steel conduit how can you be sure, even after IR testing, that you haven't stripped/damaged the sheath or insulation of the cable ?

RF Lighting said:
Spit do a cordless nail gun with a full range of accesories for electrical first fixing work.

Got one!

It's the DBs an' all. Brilliant bit of kit; will nail to RSJs!!!

Sponsored Links
fattony said:
oh yeah I know PE, infact there was a bird apprentice on on a job I was on part of T Clarkes, next thing I know she's on the font cover of PE! Small world

Bird?!!? How PC! :LOL:

The fittest female apprentice in the world used to come in my wholesalers (no pun intended, ok, just a little one), next thing I know she was the JIB poster girl!

And the Spit ITW guns are awesome, they even do special kits with P clips for FP200 and the like.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back