Carpenter help to router or jigsaw this accurately

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to make three sides to form a some what box to place a sand tray inside.

Measurements are going to be 1010mm length x 610mm in height. I am wanting to get this accurate but am unsure on how to make a template to router it or to jigsaw it after setting it out.

Any help is appreciated cheers

Attachments

• 5C8DAF96-C604-47D8-A683-D4393AB40673.jpeg
    5C8DAF96-C604-47D8-A683-D4393AB40673.jpeg
    182.9 KB · Views: 321
Sponsored Links
I am wanting to make three sides to form a some what box to place a sand tray inside.

Measurements are going to be 1010mm length x 610mm in height. I am wanting to get this accurate but am unsure on how to make a template to router it or to jigsaw it after setting it out.

Any help is appreciated cheers

The best way is to make a template, then use a router with a straight bit and bearing guide.

Draw out what you want on 6mm or 9mm mdf.
Jigsaw out, cut slowly and on the line
Sand to perfect the curve -tip use 80grit abrasive stuck to a bit of mdf for the convex shspes and abrasive wrapped around a silicone tube, small paint pot or similar.

Jigsaw out the actual sides -2mm or so from line
Clamp on template and trim off with router.

The best way is to make a template, then use a router with a straight bit and bearing guide.

Draw out what you want on 6mm or 9mm mdf.
Jigsaw out, cut slowly and on the line
Sand to perfect the curve -tip use 80grit abrasive stuck to a bit of mdf for the convex shspes and abrasive wrapped around a silicone tube, small paint pot or similar.

Jigsaw out the actual sides -2mm or so from line
Clamp on template and trim off with router.

Thanks for the reply, as for drawing it out what’s the best way to set this out I was thinking of drawing circles some how to create parallel sides.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back