Carpet lining paper?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.diy.com/departments/diall-carpet-lining-paper-l20m-w-1m/161755_BQ.prd

This sounds like a nice idea to stop dust from going into the underlay and possibly through the carpet. It also adds an extra bit of heat insulation. However it's hard to come by. What makes this sort of paper different from say lining paper for walls? I got plenty of that I can use for the floor. Otherwise the only place I can get this from is a bit out of the way.

Sponsored Links
It's just a roll of paper. Available from anywhere.
In the past, old newspapers were used for the same thing.

It will do absolutely nothing for insulation.

ah ok, cheers. Will probably skip the paper then as there isn't much dust under the floor board. Only where the idiot bodgers who did the plumbing and electrics put all the mess under the floors :(

People used to use it to stop draughts between floorboards or to stop older cheap foam based underlay from sticking. It is just brown paper

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back