Carpet Stone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has any one used Carpet Stone (or is it stone carpet??!)? We're wanting to relay our patio and this is one of the options we're looking at. It's like a mat, made up of stones that are held together by plastic wires on the underside. It's meant to be faster/simpler to lay than individual bricks. Does anyone have any experience of it?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
not used it but seen it, looks ok, works on same priciple as mosaic tiles. As long as its bedded and grouted properly i would have thought it would look good

Thermo said:
not used it but seen it, looks ok, works on same priciple as mosaic tiles. As long as its bedded and grouted properly i would have thought it would look good

Thermo, I don't want to rain on your parade.....but I wish you would stop being 'all things to all men' and stick to what you know best. Grouting in!.......it's a landscape product! not floor tiles.

Anyway Kat74

Carpet stones made by 'Bradstone' first class product, but expensive. Laid one on a lawn to create a path, turned out to be a disaster, grass grew through, mower damaged stone, worm casts turned it to a mud path. Best to lay on a foundation of sand or mortar in place. If you can, lay on top of landscape fabric, to resist weed growth. Then fill gaps with fine shingle. Looks good and is quick to lay.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back