Carpet Underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We moved house last year and are in the process re-decorating the entire
house. In a couple of months we will be ready for re-carpeting the entire
upstairs and staircase.

As it is for the upstairs, what is the general consensus for the best underlay with heat / sound insulation properties? I have had a quick look and seen some but it seems very expensive, about £100 for a 10m x 1.5m roll.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi there. I've been looking into what underlay to buy and I eventually opted for Tredaire Colours Green. It is a very good quality flatbed rubber underlay which I believe will make the carpet last longer and have good sound and insulation properties. I bought it for just short of £50 + vat for a 10.96sqm roll. An absolute bargain and better than the underlay which the likes of Carpet Right would charge £9.99 per sqm.

Lots of people opt for foam underlays these days but some research made me believe that a good quality flat bed rubber was the best option.

Hope that helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back